A few interesting things come out of thinking about how these two platforms could work together:
- Alexa needs text input. Google Assistant allows for this. Why can’t Alexa also have a text interface?
- Chime on Slack? Slack call is local resource hog. Maybe bringing Chime into the mix could enhance quality and also allow for video?
- Dash Button API. It’s fairly straightforward to use the Dash Button API for interfacing with a Slack Bot.
- Mics for calls. Why can’t an Echo be an output for call initiated through Slack?
- Beacons and such. The Echo can be used for presence detection for different devices. Or at for audio based communication.
- Slack Skills. This would make sense for sending communication between different Slack contacts.