After years of thinking about it, I finally added WiFi LED bulbs to a few lamps. I had used the WeMo for awhile (since Ubi days) but this was a chance to finally be able to control color / ambiance.
A few observations about the Hue:
- It’s very simple to setup. The app / bridge is nearly plug and play
- It’s fast. Probably sub 100 ms response time.
- There are lots of ways to integrate to it.
- The color combinations (scenes) for three lights may sense.
- Color has a huge impact on how a place feels.
The next step is to integrate with Alexa. Ironically, this required you to use your hands to get the Hue bridge into pairing mode… to far from where I was typing to try out easily.