Yesterday, we announced a new feature of the Ubi Portal Voice Prototyping tool for Alexa Skills.
Here’s how to use it…
What you’ll need:
- An Echo, Echo Dot, or other Alexa-enabled device (if you don’t have one, you can use the Ubi App here on Android)
- An Ubi Portal account (it’s free… sign up at portal.theubi.com)
How to setup the Ubi Portal Voice Prototyping Skill
- Go to alexa.amazon.com or use the Alexa App
- Click on “Skills” on the top right
- Search for “Ubi”
- Enable the Skill and sign in to your Ubi Portal Account
How to create a “Lesson” on the Ubi Portal
- Log into the Ubi Portal (portal.theubi.com)
- Scroll down and select “Lessons”
- Click on “+ New lesson”
- From the trigger menu, select “Alexa” and then “Utterance”
- Enter a phrase that will trigger your lesson (e.g. “The sky is blue”)
- Select “Alexa — Voice Reply” and enter what the response from Alexa will be. You can also choose other reactions like sending an email, text message, or even making a phone call). Once done, press “Save to Ubi”.
- Back at your Echo or other Alexa device, say “Alexa, tell portal…” and then speak the phrase you had entered as the trigger.
How to use the new SSML tags
Follow the steps above for to create a skill. However, in the voice reply field, you can enter SSML tags.
Here’s an example of using an interjection tag:
Here’s an example of using an audio tag:
<audio src=”https://www.keetsy.com/files/test.mp3" />