The Look is still a weird device. It uses its own app for setup and creates a look book for the fashion minded. The target audience for this device seems really tiny.
In light of the rumours that Amazon is acquiring Ring, why not extend the capabilities of the Look to do so much more:
- Be used in a residential lobby to record and greet people (a guest Echo)
- Be used as a check in tool for businesses
- Offer a live stream
- Allow you to take and send selfies
- Take pictures automatically when someone walks in
- Provide feedback on who you look through voice
So much is left on the table for the Echo Look and we haven’t seen anything new come out since its release.