The day I received my Pebble watch was the day they announced they were selling their assets to Fitbit. Surprisingly (to me), I’ve kept wearing my Pebble. Before that, I was not an advocate of wearables and didn’t wear a watch but it’s been a big convenience and I’ve kept it on since receiving it.
The things I like about it:
- It’s low key and not flashy
- It lasts awhile
- Endpoint detection on speech responses is good
Things I wish could be changed (some are the fault of the watch, others not):
- Much longer charge time
- Built in Google Assistant button / recording
- Voice memo button
- More reliable connectivity to device
- Little more warning about when to plug in for charging
- Faster charge times
- FIND MY PHONE (like Tile)
While these might be available on other watches, the e-ink/low profile nature of the Pebble is great for non-distracting use. Hopefully, some of the larger players will take on this type of form factor.