CES is about a month away and there are already some ideas about how voice will play a role. Given how voice has made a much larger appearance at CEDIA, IFA, and HK Electronics Fair, it’s likely CES is going to see the emergence of even more larger players in voice.
A few predictions (pure conjecture… so potentially very wrong)
- Alexa will have a big presence (for the first time — officially)
- There will be big speaker companies announcing voice offerings
- Google and Microsoft will also have a presence
- Most IoT device makers will either have or will be working on Alexa integration
- Microsoft will announce something Cortana-related (maybe an API?)
- There will be several Alexa alternatives on the market
It’s like that 2017 will be the year of a major showdown specifically in voice as the big players battle for our attention through this new interface.